Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy explains how Friends Indeed, LLC (“Company” or “we” or us”) collects, stores, uses, transfers, and discloses personal information from our users (“you”) in connection with the Friends Indeed mobile application (which may be known or represented by other names or aliases, such as WholeCare Connect) and related services (collectively, the “App”). By using the App, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
1. Collection of your Personal Information
In order to provide the services offered on our App, Friends Indeed may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the Friends Indeed app, this information may be collected and used by Friends Indeed in accordance with the terms described in this statement.
When you create a Support Team in the App, it is formed as a private, invite only group that can be accessed only by those who are invited and given a special “Invitation Link” or “Invite Code”. We recommend that you invite only those whom you trust to join your Support Team, as anyone who joins may have access to sensitive or personal information that you have chosen to share.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the App. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our App; (b) sending us an email message; or (c) submitting your credit card or other payment information on our App. While using the App, you may voluntarily disclose sensitive personal information, including personally identifiable information, personal health information, and/or your location. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Information we collect automatically
When you access or use the App, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access the App, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We collect your IP address, time zone, and information about your mobile service provider, which allows us to infer your general location.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information about your use of the App, such as frequency of use, which areas and features of our App you visit and your use patterns generally, engagement tracking with particular features, etc. To collect this information, we may send cookies to your mobile device or computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory.
YOUR CONSENT. By creating a profile in the App, you explicitly consent that:
- PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE TO US THROUGH THE ACCOUNT CREATION PROCESS INCLUDES PERSONAL DATA YOU ENTER INTO THE APP, SUCH AS YOUR ACCOUNT DATA (E.G. YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS).
2. Use of your Personal Information
We may use your information, including your Personal Data, for the following purposes:
- to analyze, operate, maintain and improve the App, to add new features and services to the App;
- to customize content you see when you use the App;
- to provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and reminders;
- to customize product and service offerings and recommendations to you, including third-party products and offerings;
- to verify your identity;
- to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- for billing (invoicing), account management and other administrative purposes, if applies;
- to respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our App;
- to link or combine with information we get from others or (and) from you to help understand your needs and provide you with better service (to use in training of neural networks, artificial intelligence, as well as for any other automated decision-making processing);
- for scientific and academic research purposes; and
3. Your rights
Modification, correction and erasure
You are able to modify, correct, erase, and update your Personal Data by writing us at email@example.com.
You have a right to access the Personal Data you insert into the App and ask us about what kind of Personal Data we have about you. You can do this by writing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Sharing Information with Third Parties
Friends Indeed may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or provide services at your request through the App. All such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Examples of information that may be shared with third parties:
- Ordering professional services: While using Friends Indeed, you or the members of your Support Team may choose to purchase professional services, such as house cleaning, meal delivery, transportation, lawn care, and etc. These services are typically purchased as a gift for a friend, and are offered through our trusted third party partners. To provide greater convenience, we may share limited personal information with our third party partners to be used strictly for the purpose of delivering requested services. This information is generally limited to the name and address of the person receiving the requested services.
- Improving Professional Care: We partner with professional healthcare organizations to deliver Friends Indeed as a resource to their patients. We may provide our partners with limited user information (that is not personally identifiable) for the purpose of statistical analysis, trend recognition, and scientific research to improve the effectiveness of our partner’s professional healthcare.
Friends Indeed may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Friends Indeed or the app; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Friends Indeed; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Friends Indeed, or the public.
OPT-OUT OPTIONS. YOU CAN WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO THE SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS SECTION ANYTIME BY CONTACTING US AT SUPPORT@FRIENDSINDEED.COM.
5. Retention of your personal data
You should be aware that we may retain certain Personal Data and other information after your account has been terminated in an aggregated, anonymized form. Any posts or comments you submit may remain visible if and after you delete your account. We are not obligated to remove your posts or comments. We reserve the right to use your information in any aggregated data collection after you have terminated your account, however we will ensure that the use of such information will not identify you personally. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
If you remove data from your account, you will no longer see it in the App, but some backups of the data may remain in our archive servers for a reasonable period of time due to technical solutions we use. However, we undertake to delete any such backups within a reasonable period of time.
If you choose to delete the App, deactivate your account, we retain your Personal data for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
We take all reasonable and appropriate measures to protect all collected Personal Data from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the nature of the Personal Data that we process and risks associated with special categories of Personal Data we collect (information about health). Among others, we utilize the following information security measures to protect your Personal Data:
- Pseudominization and tokenization of certain categories of your Personal Data;
- Encryption of your Personal Data in transit and in rest;
- Systematic vulnerability scanning and penetration testing;
- Protection of data integrity;
- Organizational and legal measures. For example, our employees have different levels of access to your Personal Data and only those in charge of data management get access to your Personal Data and only for limited purposes required for the operation of the App. We impose strict liability on our employees for any disclosures, unauthorized accesses, alterations, destructions, misuses of your Personal Data.
- Conducting periodical data protection impact assessments in order to ensure that the App fully adheres to the principles of ‘privacy by design’, ‘privacy by default’ and others.
We process information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that any information in our care is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
7. Third Party Links
This app may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
8. Children Under Thirteen
Friends Indeed is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this app.
9. E-mail Communications
From time to time, Friends Indeed may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Friends Indeed or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Friends Indeed, you may opt out of such communications by Clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
10. External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
11. Changes to this Statement
12. Contact Information
Friends Indeed welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Friends Indeed has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Friends Indeed at:
Friends Indeed, LLC
Email Address: email@example.com